Wed 06 Dec 2023 3:03 pm - Jerusalem Time
Israel declares a siege of Khan Yunis, and the resistance engages in fierce battles in Gaza
Israeli forces continue to launch air strikes on areas of the Gaza Strip, while the Israeli army is waging ground battles with Palestinian resistance factions in several areas in the besieged Strip.
The Palestinian News Agency said that the Israeli occupation forces committed new massacres last night and at dawn on Wednesday in various parts of the Gaza Strip, especially in the Jabalia camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
The occupation targeted an entire residential square in Jabalia camp, which led to dozens of martyrs and wounded, including children and women, and launched a barrage of phosphorus and smoke bombs towards the center of the camp, which is witnessing a series of intense raids.
The occupation aircraft bombed the Palestine School, west of Jabalia, which shelters displaced people, leading to the death of dozens and the wounding of others.
Also, 10 citizens were killed and others were injured in a bombing that targeted a house on Al-Nafaq Street in Gaza City, and 6 other martyrs were martyred in the bombing of two houses in the Nuseirat camp in the central Gaza Strip, while 3 martyrs were killed and dozens were injured in a raid that targeted a house in the western camp in Khan Yunis.
The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip said that Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital received 73 martyrs and 123 injured during the past 24 hours. The Ministry also announced the death of 16,248 Palestinians and the injury of 43,616 since the start of the war on the seventh of last October.
For its part, Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad, said that it bombed Israeli army gatherings in the vicinity of the Sheikh Nasser area, east of Khan Yunis, and added that its members were targeting an Israeli special force with an anti-personnel missile in the vicinity of Al-Zalal Mosque, east of Khan Yunis.
The Al-Quds Brigades also bombed Israeli crowds in the vicinity of the Cultural Center in Bani Suhaila with mortar shells, and fired rocket salvoes at the Muftahim settlement.
On the other hand, the Israeli occupation army reported the killing of an officer in the armored battalion in the ongoing battles in the Gaza Strip. It also acknowledged the killing of an officer in a military vehicle overturn accident in southern Israel.
The number of dead in the Israeli army since the beginning of the ground operation in Gaza has reached 85 officers and soldiers. Thus, the total - announced - since Operation Al-Aqsa Flood and the war on Gaza on October 7 last year has risen to 409 officers and soldiers.
Israeli Army Radio said that what it describes as a ground maneuver in northern and southern Gaza will continue for an additional month, according to the assessment of the security system, and that the army will continue to pressure Hamas to resume negotiations on better terms, as it put it.
The ground war in the Gaza Strip began on October 27 in the northern Gaza Strip, but the Israeli army expanded the scope of its operations to include the entire Strip approximately two months after the start of the war on October 7.
Source: Al Jazeera Channel